Our neighbors in the Rockaway have been living without power, in the dark and cold for weeks. The threat of hypothermia is real and serious.
The good news is we have secured Special Supplies to help prevent hypothermia and we need you to help distribute these vital supplies to those who have suffered so much.
On Saturday, November 17th, we will be distributing these supplies to as many community members as possible, and doing it in such a way that maximizes the impact by getting these to the vulnerable residents who need them the most.
We will also be distributing and gathering critical information that will assist the relief and recovery efforts moving forward.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO SUPPORT THIS OPERATION.
If you would like to dedicate this Saturday to provide assistance to those who have been affected by this disaster, here is what you need to do:
- Mobilize your team
- 1 vehicle with some cargo space (Van, SUV, large trunk… etc)
- Assemble at least 2 People for a canvassing team (Driver + 1 who will be interacting with people door to door)
- 1 Smart phone among each team (we will be using basic software to track the distribution, that can be done via smart phone. Don’t forget your car charger).
- 1 Clip Board, Pen and Paper
- Register BELOW
- Spread the word!
- Report at Volunteer Reception area by 8:30 am Sat. morning ( you will receive an email with detailed instructions).
Once you REGISTER, we will provide additional information via email, so keep an eye out. Subject Line: Warming Rockaways
PLEASE REGISTER RIGHT AWAY!